Homeownership creates all kinds of benefits, from educational achievement to engaged parenting practices and civic participation, according to the National Association of Realtors study on Social Benefits of Homeownership and Stable Housing.
Here’s how homeownership affects educational achievement:
- Children of homeowners tend to stay in school and have lower drop-out rates.
- Daughters of homeowners have a lower incidence of teen pregnancy.
- Homeowners may pass along life management skills like financial planning and responsibility.
- Neighborhood stability is greater in neighborhoods with more homeowners.
- Children of homeowners are more likely to achieve higher levels of education and go on to earn higher levels of income.
This is a great time to find your dream home! Contact me to help you into the home of your dreams – your children will thank you!
Thanks to Keeping Current Matters for the inspiration and information!